9 Natural Remedies to Prevent Hair Loss and Regrow New Hair Follicles in 2022
When it comes to managing hair loss, instead of jumping straight to medications, which can sometimes have nasty side effects, it’s a good idea to try a natural approach. Today, we are going to run down the list of the best natural remedies for your hair, which you can easily use from the comfort of your own home.
Zinc. Not only is zinc a wonderful remedy to boost the immune system, but it also keeps your hair follicles and oil glands working properly. Oysters, legumes, oats, and tofu are great sources of zinc.
- Vitamin B Complex. Vitamin B not only regulates your metabolism, but because it promotes red blood cell count, it also helps stimulate hair follicles, and as an added bonus, prevents aging! Some good sources of vitamin B can be found in dark, leafy green vegetables, such as kale and spinach. Beets and avocados are good sources of vitamin B as well.
5. Selenium. Having a proper diet full of a variety of protein and vegetables provides the trace mineral selenium, which you need to maintain proper hair growth cycles. Selenium helps the body by boosting the immune system, maintaining a healthy thyroid, and preventing cell and tissue damage. Aside from using supplementation, Brazil nuts and seaweed are good sources of selenium.
6. Iodine. Another essential mineral, iodine helps regulate hormones in the body. As we have mentioned before, stress is a crucial factor in hair loss, so it's important to balance out the stress hormone cortisol, as well as estrogen and testosterone. Iodine is wonderful for thyroid and hormone health, so be sure to add some seaweed, shellfish, or eggs to your diet.
7. Silica. The trace mineral that keeps your hair strong, silica is wonderful for not only your hair, but your skin and nails as well. Getting this trace mineral is as easy as having a banana with your breakfast cereal in the morning. Other good sources of silica include brown rice, leafy greens, and lentils.
8.Green tea. Lauded for its health benefits for years, green tea is known to help burn fat and improve brain function. But did you know that this ancient remedy also supports hair growth? In one study, participants who consumed green tea supplements over the course of 12 weeks had an increase of blood and oxygen flow of 29% compared with the control group! Why is this important? Your skin is a vital component of hair growth in the scalp, which needs healthy blood and oxygen flow in order to continue regenerating healthy hair.
9. Plant Sterols. Recent studies show that plant sterols can block DHT, a hormone that contributes to hair loss. Legumes, vegetable oils, nuts, cereals and seeds all contain plant sterols. We understand how difficult it can be to remember to consume these specific nutrients, so at Febron, we have formulated Proteron, a supplement that blocks DHT and contains 25 mg of plant sterols per serving! Proteron also contains green tea, a complete vitamin B complex, and trace minerals you need to keep your body healthy, and your hair growing strong.
Now that you’ve learned more about some home remedies for hair growth, you can incorporate some of these nutrients into your diet, and within weeks, you should notice a significant change in your hair growth cycle. At Febron, we are dedicated to helping you keep your hair healthy, so be sure to check out the video above. Thanks for stopping by the blog, and have a great day!